We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring that your personal data is protected. We therefore make sure that our policies and practices in relation to personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”) under the laws of Malaysia.
This Policy applies to Wellbeing Online and to Personal Data collected about you by WB. We shall keep your Personal Data confidential at all times. Our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of Personal Data will be in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and are as set out below.
By using Wellbeing Online, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with any term of this Policy, please do not use Wellbeing Online.
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Your Personal Data refers to personally identifiable information about yourself such as: name, gender, age, telephone number, fax number, home address, email address, credit card information, bank account number, education level, occupation, household income, interests and favourite activities, etc
2. DO YOU COLLECT MY PERSONAL DATA EVERY TIME I VISIT WELLBEING ONLINE?
When you visit Wellbeing Online, we will record your visit only and will not collect any Personal Data from you unless otherwise stated and/or requested.
You may refuse to accept Cookies (by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system), but if you do so you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions on Wellbeing Online.
3. WHEN WILL MY PERSONAL DATA BE COLLECTED THEN?
At times, you may be asked to provide your Personal Data in order to enjoy Wellbeing Online or any services we may offer or to take part in any contests which we may organise.
If your Personal Data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide such services to you and/or you may not be able to participate in any such contests.
If you are under 18 years of age, you may browse Wellbeing Online only. However, you may not provide personal information to us without first seeking parental consent. If you choose to provide us with your personal data, we shall assume that the prior consent of your parent/legal guardian has been obtained.
4. WHAT DO YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
By providing any of your Personal Data to WB via Wellbeing Online or otherwise, you agree that such Personal Data may be used and retained by us for the following purposes and for other purposes as may be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
• providing you with services under any businesses of WB as well as with regular communications from us with details of such services and its benefits;
• the normal management, operation and maintenance of the performance of such services;
• analyzing, verifying and/or checking your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of such services;
• processing your application under any programmes by WB as well as any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you;
• enabling the daily operation of your account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in your account in relation to the services;
• carrying out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your characteristics and buying behaviour and to provide other services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in selecting and/or marketing goods and services that are likely to be of interest to you;
• conducting research on new goods and services for you;
• carrying out matching procedure in accordance with the law;
• notifying you of special offers or new products, services, updates and promotions;
• performing statistical and analysis of your behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of Wellbeing Online and providing this information to advertisers together with information as to the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their banners;
• investigation of complaints and suspected suspicious transactions as well as prevention or detection of crime; and
• making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law.
You further agree that WB may disclose and transfer (whether in Malaysia or abroad) to WB's agents, contractors, partners, advertisers, network operators, associated companies, any relevant financial institutions, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to WB, any company within its group, any referee whose details are provided by you and any of WB's actual or proposed assignees or transferees of WB's rights with respect to you to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes above for and on behalf of WB.
We may also use your Personal Data to send you promotional information about other third parties which we think you may find interesting. If you do not want to receive such information or for us to disclose, transfer or use your Personal Data for any of the purposes above, you may contact us in writing at the address set out in below.
Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by WB as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes above or is required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect WB’s interests.
5. IS MY PERSONAL DATA SAFE WITH YOU?
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
All reasonable efforts and practical steps are made to ensure that any Personal Data held by WB is kept up-to-date and is protected against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
6. IS MY PERSONAL DATA KEPT CONFIDENTIAL?
Personal Data held by WB will be kept confidential in accordance with this Policy pursuant to any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
Any contents, questions, comments, suggestions, or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to Wellbeing Online, or any part of Wellbeing Online by visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to WB on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. WB reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development, manufacture and marketing of products and services and to meet customer needs.
7. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I CLICK ON AN EXTERNAL LINK?
Wellbeing Online may contain links to other sites and pages (“External Link”). By activating such External Link, such as for example by clicking on the banner of an advertiser, you leave Wellbeing Online and WB does not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left Wellbeing Online.
As such, we cannot and shall not be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide once you have left Wellbeing Online. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website you visit.
8. WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE IN RELATION TO MY PERSONAL DATA HELD BY YOU?
Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by WB on payment of a prescribed fee and to request correction of the Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to WB for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes above or for the transfer of your Personal Data to the third parties, you may send your request in writing at the following address:
WB HEALTH AND BEAUTY SDN.BHD
298, KAWASAN PERINDUSTRIAN MERGONG 2,
LORONG PERAK 14, JALAN SEBERANG PUTRA
05150 ALOR SETAR,
In the event you withdraw your consent to WB for the processing of your Personal Data, WB shall then cease to process your Personal Data upon receiving your aforesaid withdrawal request wherein your approved application or request to WB for any of the purposes above may be cancelled.
WB Health and Beauty Sdn Bhd
All rights reserved